Volatile markets over the past few years have had a significant impact on the hedge fund industry. Investment professionals are leaving large brokerage shops and investment banks in an effort to generate alpha without the product and structural limitations of these larger institutions. The best solution for this is to start a hedge fund. A major hurdle in launching a hedge fund is the legal and fund administration work involved in the fund formation and operating processes of managing a hedge fund. Investment managers must create a cohesive business that integrates their trading acumen with a fund management and administration solution that provides quality client service to the fund investors.
SGFA is the leading hedge fund start-up group with an in house team that meets the needs of prospective hedge fund managers. From legal and compliance to capital introduction, our industry experts guide managers through the entire process of starting a hedge fund.
SGFA solutions for hedge fund managers covers the following:
- Preliminary evaluation of the investment strategy and business considerations
- Defining fund structure with legal and compliance
- Providing fund documents and offering documents
- Prime Brokerage introduction
- Fund Administration including monthly or quarterly accounting, calculating the fund’s NAV, shareholder reporting
- Fund Administration including investor subscriptions and redemptions, as well as facilitating capital calls
- Leveraging our strategic audit partner relationships to provide the annual audit for the fund
- On-going consultation